The Howarth S45C is a graduate model instrument designed for intermediate to advanced level players.
Lighter in weight than our professional model oboes, the keywork on the S45C has many of the same features as a professional level instrument with the dual-system allowing a variety of fingerings and trills. The thicker walled body of the S45C makes it slightly heavier than the S40C, but gives it a more powerful sound.
An ideal upgrade from our student models, the S45C will take players past grade 8 and diploma level.
- Body made from Grenadilla wood (Dalbergia melanoxylon)
- Silver plated keywork
- Conservatoire system with thumbplate (Dual system)
- Lined tenon sockets
- Undercut tone holes for greater resonance
- Semi-Automatic Octaves
- 3rd Octave Key
- C-D trill key (upper and lower)
- C-C# trill key
- Forked F vent
- Left hand F key
- Low B-C Link
- Ab-Bb trill key
- Ab-A trill key
- Low C-C# trill key ('Banana' key)
- Low Bb vent
- Additional Adjusting Screws
- Instrument is supplied in a Howarth Academy case with case cover, cleaning materials, cork grease and reed case