The Marigaux 901 professional model oboe is the flagship model from the French instrument manufacturers.
Designed in collaboration with leading Marigaux artists, the 901 is indicative of the original 'Marigaux sound' as first pioneered over 50 years ago. The 901 model is handmade to the highest standards by Marigaux craftsmen in their factory.
The 901 model is available in high density Grenadilla wood (dalbergia melanoxylon) with silver plated keywork.
The addition of a Howarth thumbplate converts the instrument to dual system (English system).
- Grenadilla wood (dalbergia melanoxylon)
- Silver plated keywork
- Full Conservatoire system keywork with Howarth thumbplate (English system)
- Semi-automatic octaves
- 3rd octave key (moved to the left hand side of the 1st octave key)
- C to D trill keys x 2 (lower and upper)
- C to C# trill key
- Forked F vent
- Ab to Bb and Ab to A trill keys
- Low C to C# trill key ("Banana key")
- Eb to E trill key
- Articulated C# mechanism
- Low Bb vent
- All necessary adjusting screws
- Instrument is supplied in a Marigaux case and case cover