The Lorée Bass Oboe is a professional model instrument with a Lorée thumbplate.
A more unusual member of the oboe family, the bass oboe is a deep sonorous instrument occasionally used in orchestral playing.
Founded in 1881, F. Lorée are one of the oldest specialist oboe manufacturing firms. They have a long established reputation for developing and manufacturing fine professional instruments in their French factory.
- Made from Grenadilla wood (dalbergia melanoxylon)
- Silver plated keywork
- Conservatoire with thumbplate converting to dual system
- 3rd octave key
- Semi-automatic octaves
- C to D trill keys x 2 (lower and upper)
- C to C# trill key
- Forked F vent
- Ab to Bb and Ab to A trill keys
- Low C to C# trill key ("Banana key")
- Eb to E trill key
- Articulated C# mechanism
- Left hand F key
- Supplied with 2 silver plated crooks
- Instrument is supplied in a case with a case cover
The instrument is available with a low Bb extension to special order. Please enquire for further details and costs.