The Rigoutat Classic model oboe with Howarth thumbplate is a professional dual system instrument.
Since 1922, Rigoutat have been making high quality professional oboes in their French workshops. In 2019 they became part of the Buffet Crampon family.With their distinctive sound, Rigoutat oboes have become a popular choice with professional soloists and players in orchestras worldwide.
The Classic model bore has good flexibility over the range of the instrument and produces the distinctive and rich 'Rigoutat sound'.
- Grenadilla wood (dalbergia melanoxylon)
- Silver plated keywork
- Full conservatoire system with Howarth thumbplate
- Semi-automatic octaves
- 3rd octave key (situated above the 1st octave key)
- C to D trill keys x 2 (lower and upper)
- C to C# trill key
- Forked F vent
- Low B to C link
- Ab to Bb and Ab to A trill keys
- Low C to C# trill key ("Banana key")
- Eb to E trill key
- Articulated C# mechanism
- Low Bb vent
- Metal capped tenon sockets
- All necessary adjusting screws
- Instrument is supplied in a Rigoutat case and cover