The 24 karat Gold Plated JodyJazz DV Tenor Sax mouthpiece uses proportions and principles found in nature. Jody Espina has introduced the concept of Golden Section Proportions to the art of high end saxophone mouthpiece design. This perfect chamber/bore/facing combination will result in an extraordinary playing experience for you. Players who now or in the past have played Guardala, Dukoff, Beechler, Jumbo Java, SR Tech, Vandoren V16, Yanigisawa, or any of the bright mouthpieces out there will be sure to love The Jody Jazz DV. This is not just another bright mouthpiece! There will be noticeable differences, and most importantly, improvements.
Many straight ahead jazz players who tend to favour brighter mouthpieces than the more mainstream, dark mouthpieces have a very high chance of making the DV their new mouthpiece. Many people have converted from playing the most popular hard rubber Jazz pieces to this. These players almost always think that they won't like a metal mouthpieces and are incredibly surprised at the result.
What Does The DV Do?
- Bigger Fatter Tone
- Effortless Playing
- More Harmonics
- Cleaner Articulation
- Power and Projection
- Unbelievable Altissimo
- Improved Intonation
How Does The DV Do It?
- Secondary window: the moving sound wave inside of the mouthpiece is now able to strike the vibrating reed above the bore of the mouthpiece instead of the mouthpiece material that is usually there. The effect is similar to a moving ball striking a moving bat, enabling a massive boost to your power and projection.
- Golden section proportioning, these proportions result in a chamber that increases harmonics making the sound bigger and richer.
- Proprietary CNC facing technology
- Perfect radius facing curve, making the DV much more free blowing because of the facing curve of the DV soprano and all the DV's. Be prepared to use a harder reed than you normally do. This may or may not be the case for you. The great benefit of this is that a harder reed lasts longer. A harder reed also helps the altissimo range.
- Perfect reed/Tip match
- Hand finished baffle, tip rail and table
- Play tested by Jody Espina