The Rigoutat 'J' model oboe is a professional conservatoire instrument.
Since 1922, Rigoutat have been making high quality professional oboes in their French workshops. In 2019 they became part of the Buffet Crampon family.With their distinctive sound, Rigoutat oboes have become a popular choice with professional soloists and players in orchestras worldwide.
The 'J' model was developed in consultation with Jacques Tys and Jean-Claude Jaboulay. The bore has been re-designed for the demands of the modern oboe player, giving an even sound across the whole register with excellent tone projection.
- Grenadilla wood (dalbergia melanoxylon)
- Silver plated keywork
- Full conservatoire system keywork
- Semi-automatic octaves
- 3rd octave key (situated above the 1st octave key)
- C to D trill keys x 2 (lower and upper)
- C to C# trill key
- Forked F vent
- Low B to C link
- Ab to Bb and Ab to A trill keys
- Low C to C# trill key ("Banana key")
- Eb to E trill key
- Articulated C# mechanism
- Low Bb vent
- Metal capped tenon sockets
- All necessary adjusting screws
- Instrument is supplied in a Rigoutat case and case cover