D'Addario's Reserve Alto Saxophone Reeds are a premium, filed reed that offers a rich, warm tone. Each D'Addario Reserve reed is precisely cut on their state-of-the-art reed manufacturing machines. Special diamond cutters ensure unparalleled precision and consistency from reed to reed. The Reserve reeds are made exclusively from lower-internode cane, a technique that Rico pioneered, to yield the highest-density cane available. Only the lower sections of each cane pole are selected, giving greater consistency thanks to the ultra-dense structure. Reserve reeds are so exceptional, that less than five percent of reed cane qualifies. Reserve reeds have set a new standard for quality with reed players.
Reserve reeds feature a heavy spine that promotes dynamic flexibility, and exceptional tone quality in all registers, a long vamp profile to produce consistency of response, and a traditional tip thickness for ease of articulation.
- A thick blank reed that offers a rich, warm tone
- A heavy spine that promotes dynamic flexibility and exceptional tone quality in all registers
- Ideal for the advancing student and professional
- Expertly designed and made in the USA from naturally-grown cane from D'Addario's own foreign fields
- Offered in boxes of ten (10) and packs of two (2) reeds
- Available in half strengths, from 2.0 to 4.5, with a special 3.0+ strength
For a reed comparison chart click here