The Lorée Etoile 'cE + 3' model oboe is a professional instrument with a Lorée thumbplate.
Founded in 1881, F. Lorée are one of the oldest specialist oboe manufacturing firms. They have a long established reputation for developing and manufacturing fine professional instruments in their French factory.
The Etoile model oboe is the latest professional model to be developed by Lorée. It features a redesigned bore and tone hole structure to give a free blowing, rich modern sound.
- Body made from Grenadilla wood (dalbergia melanoxylon)
- Silver plated keywork
- Conservatoire system with Lorée thumbplate, converting to dual system.
- 3rd octave key
- Semi-automatic octaves
- High D vent
- C to D trill keys x 2 (lower and upper)
- C to C# trill key
- Forked F vent
- Low B to C link
- Ab to Bb and Ab to A trill keys
- Low C to C# trill key ("Banana key")
- Eb to E trill key
- Articulated C# mechanism
- Left hand F key
- Low Bb resonance key
- Metal reinforced tenons
- Adjustable thumb rest
- All necessary adjusting screws, including an option to regulate the middle C key
- Instrument is supplied in a Lorée professional case with a case cover