With a narrowed midpoint and the base without a ring, the ICON offers a bright and highly centred sound. The shape of bell has been redesigned for excellent projection.
The ICON has benefitted from years of acoustical research carried out by Buffet Crampon. The bell improves the fluidity of the upper register and supports a rich and powerful sound in the lower notes.
In addition, the bell, with its slender lines, weighs approximately 30% less than the traditional bell.
The different finishes of metal ring influence the sonority and feel of the clarinet.
- Gold: produces more high harmonics and timbre
- Silver: frees up and rounds out the sound
- Nickel Silver: stands halfway between the two, producing a more compact effect.
- Made of grenadilla wood
- Silver, Nickel Silver or Gold Metal Ring
- Designed to fit Buffet Clarinets
- Suitable for Bb or A clarinet