The JET is a bright saxophone mouthpiece with excellent projection, extra easy altissimo register and yet it has a very full bottom range that is easy to play. The JodyJazz JET Tenor Saxophone mouthpiece is a free blowing, easy and fun to play mouthpiece that captures the full range of tonal qualities of the instrument. The JET has a clean, focused sound with strong projection and cut, while maintaining extraordinary versatility. The JodyJazz JET is excellent for Rock, Funk, Blues, Smooth Jazz and Latin Music, Reggae, Ska, Funk, Hip Hop, Top 40, Duranguense, Merengue, Salsa, Cumbia, Compa, Tejano, Musica Popular Brasileira, but at the same time we think that many Tenor sax players will be surprised at how well it plays lead Tenor in a big band or Jazz Combo. In other words the JET is a great saxophone mouthpiece that seems to appeal to a very broad variety of players.
4 Goals When Making the JET Tenor Saxophone Mouthpiece:
- BRIGHT - To create a bright free blowing mouthpiece that is versatile while having more projection than most mouthpieces.
- ALTISSIMO - To create a mouthpiece that easily produces great altissimo notes. The Altissimo is actually helped by our new shorter facing curve, which is brand new to the JET.
- GREAT PRICE - To make an affordable sax mouthpiece that can be made with the same cutting edge technology as our metal sax mouthpieces, but costs much less than a metal mouthpiece.
- GREAT QUALITY - Each Jody Jazz mouthpiece is individually play tested by Jody Espina or one of their professional saxophonists on staff to ensure a perfect seal with the reed and proper response throughout the range of the saxophone. They demand and achieve the most rigorous quality control possible.
What Does The JET Do?
- Clean Focused Bright Sound
- Free Blowing
- Easy Altissimo
- Responsive Low End
- Power and Projection
How Does The JET Do It?
- Small Chamber
- Precision - CNC Machined
- Shorter, Proprietary Facing Length
- Hand Finished Baffle and Tip Rale
- Play tested by Jody Espina or Staff