With a heritage of instrument-making in Japan that traces back to 1893,
Yanagisawa is recognized today as a maker of the most carefully
handcrafted family of artist-level saxophones in the world.
In models ranging from sopranino to baritone, these superb instruments have won the praise of many celebrated musicians.
The Yanagisawa TWO10 Tenor Saxophone is a member of Yanagisawa's
'Elite' level instrument series. It is a brass model instrument for the
accomplished player. It
delivers a superb tonal range with an unmistakably darker edge thanks to
the fine brass body, and it also benefits from the WO series
re-engineered bore and tone holes, and re-sourced and redesigned core
brass material. This model also has many upgraded features exclusive to
the WO series such as:
- Redesigned Taper: Redesign of the taper and position of the tone holes allows for clearer intonation.
- Right Pinky Key: Relocated the right pinky key allows for smoother fingering.
- Left Palm Keys: Modified angle of the left palm keys ensuring easier fingering.
- New Case: Redesigned hard shell case with fabric cover.
The Yanagisawa TWO10 Tenor Saxophone:
- Bb Tenor Saxophone
- The teflon inner octave system
- C#-Bb connected table key
- Sway-free F-auxiliary key mechanism
- 'Indented' White Shell Keys
- Single unit seat (base)
- Metal Thumb Rests
- Pointed Pivot Screws
- Air-Tight Waterproof Pads
- Blue Steel Springs
- Tri-point balanced bell brace
The TWO10 includes a ‘fully ribbed’ construction which means that there are strips of brass soldered on to the body of the sax, on to which the various pillars are then soft soldered themselves. This gives added ‘body’ to the tone, while offering even further solidarity of design. Secondly, the Elite series offers double arms on the lowest and most vulnerable keys, again adding stability to the set-up.
Yanagisawa saxophones come complete with a durable back-pack case with
front pocket case and include the professional Yanagisawa hard rubber