The Marigaux 920 model oboe with Howarth thumbplate is a professional dual system instrument.
Designed in collaboration with leading Marigaux artists, the 920 is indicative of the original 'Marigaux sound' as first pioneered over 50 years ago. The 920 model is handmade to the highest standards by Marigaux craftsmen in their factory.
The 920 model is available in high density composite material. The composite material has the same resonance and responsiveness as Grenadilla wood, but is not affected by changed in temperature and humidity.
- Body in high density composite material
- Silver plated keywork
- Conservatoire keywork with Howarth thumbplate, converting to dual system
- Semi-automatic octaves
- 3rd octave key (repositioned to the left of the thumbplate)
- C to D trill keys x 2 (lower and upper)
- C to C# trill key
- Forked F vent
- Ab to Bb and Ab to A trill keys
- Low C to C# trill key ("Banana key")
- Eb to E trill key
- Articulated C# mechanism
- Low Bb vent
- All necessary adjusting screws
- Instrument is supplied in a Marigaux case and case cover