The Mönnig model 170 oboe d'amore is a professional dual system instrument, with Howarth thumbplate.
Mönnig have been producing high quality woodwind instruments since the company was founded in Germany in the early 19th Century. Their modern range of instruments, manufactured in their German workshops, are hand finished to the highest standards.
Developed as a professional orchestral instrument, the 170 model oboe d'amore has a warm rounded tone throughout the whole range of the instrument.
- Body in Grenadilla (dalbergia melanoxylon)
- Silver plated keywork
- Conservatoire system with Howarth thumbplate, converting to dual system
- Supplied with 2 silver plated crooks
- Semi-automatic octaves
- 3rd octave key
- C to D trill keys x 2 (lower and upper)
- C to C# trill key
- Ab to Bb and Ab to A trill keys
- Low C to C# trill key ("Banana key")
- Eb to E trill key
- Articulated C# mechanism
- Left hand F key
- Low B resonance key
Instrument is supplied in a Mönnig case with case cover.