With a heritage of instrument-making in Japan that traces back to 1893,
Yanagisawa is recognized today as a maker of the most carefully
handcrafted family of artist-level saxophones in the world.
In models ranging from sopranino to baritone, these superb instruments have won the praise of many celebrated musicians.
Yanagisawa SWO1 ‘Professional’ model Soprano Saxophones are free blowing, with a resonant tone. They are professional level instruments but are just as well suited to intermediate players as well as professionals. It features a one piece body and neck, and is the successor to the much-adored S901.The student will develop their own style more easily due to both the improved construction and ergonomic key design, and the advanced professional can be assured of a superior tone. It has a strong tonal core thanks to a re-engineered bore and tone holes, plus many upgraded features exclusive to the WO series:
- Redesigned Taper: Redesign of the taper and position of the tone holes allows for clearer intonation.
- Right Pinky Key: Relocated the right pinky key allows for smoother fingering.
- Left Palm Keys: Modified angle of the left palm keys ensuring easier fingering.
- New Case: Redesigned hard shell case with fabric cover.
The Yanagisawa SWO1 Soprano Saxophone:
- Bb Soprano Saxophone
- Range from low Bb to high F#
- All hand engraved
- Brass Lacquer
All Yanagisawa saxophones come complete with a durable back-pack case with front pocket case and include the professional Yanagisawa hard rubber mouthpiece.