The HR* CUSTOM DARK is part of the Jody Jazz premium line of hard rubber saxophone mouthpieces, where the goal was to make the most beautiful sounding and playing pieces that we possibly could. As Saxophone players, we know there are often a lot of unpleasant highs in the sound, especially on the higher notes within the Alto and Soprano ranges. With the HR* CUSTOM DARK Alto, JodyJazz have retained the fun of playing a great mouthpiece whilst taking all the edge off of the highs. This is done by shaping a beautiful rollover baffle which gives it the pop and feedback that alto players are used to, and then making a big large chamber and bore to give it this mellow, warm pretty sound. A large round chamber puts the timbre in a warm dark zone and the thick heavy gold plated brass band on the shank boosts the amount of harmonics in the sound.
What Does The HR* Custom DARK Do?
- Beautiful Warm Spread Tone
- Free Blowing
- Reed Friendly
- Player Can Shape their Sound
- Huge Bottom End with Power on Top When Needed
- Traditional Jazz Sound
- Annoying highs in the tone rolled off
How Does the HR* Custom DARK Do It?
- Proprietary Chedeville Hard Rubber Formula
- Large Round Chamber
- Curved Undercut Sidewalls
- Heavy Solid Gold Plated Brass Ring on Shank
- CNC Machined From Solid Bar Stock
- Expertly Hand Finished Baffle, Tip Rail and Table
- Unparalleled Quality Control
- Play tested by Jody Espina